The second accused in the Ottawa arson case has nothing to do with the ‘Freedom Convoy’ protest:


Ottawa police have charged a second man with arson in the Centertown apartment building last month and there is no clear link between him and the ‘Freedom Convoy’ protest.


The incident took place on February 6 in a building on Lisgar Street, in the center of the protest zone, more than a week after the three-week occupation.


Residents of the building told CTV News Ottawa that they found fire starter bricks in the lobby and that the front door was forced shut and sealed with tape. A pedestrian noticed the flames and was able to open the door and extinguish the fire before anyone was injured.


In a release Wednesday, police said Bertoz Warnick, 41, was charged with aggravated assault, disorderly conduct, property damage, mischief, and arson in possession of incendiary materials.


Police said that there is no such information that indicates that Warnic Convoy was involved in the protests in any way, which was going on at that time.


A 21-year-old man was arrested last month and faces charges of arson and mischief in the case. Police said that he did not have any information to connect with Convoy protests.

Check out the latest world news at the link below:
World News || Latest News || US News

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.