Scott Norton is returning to New Japan Pro-Wrestling NJPW Windy City Riot.
NJPW has announced that Norton, a former nWo member, will team up with the Bullet Club to face the United Empire in a 12-man fight on the Chicago show.
Norton is a two-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion and a two-time IWGP Tag Team Champion.
📣4 / 16 Windy City Riot
– NJPW of America (@NJPWofAmerica) April 6, 2022
Preview, courtesy of NJPW’s website, is as follows:
After the controversial events of the last few weeks for the Bullet Club, it seems that the team has formed a united front; Although without the presence of Destiny’s guerrilla and founding member Tama Tonga. With their vision now to reassert themselves as a premier group in all professional wrestling, they would like to make a statement in Chicago against the United Kingdom.
A huge 12 man tag, Aaron Henner, Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb hit the U.S. from Japan with the public anime TJP and the Aussie Open from Japan. Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher make their first NJPW appearance since the Royal Quest in London in 2019, and now form this terrific United Empire team of five.
This is definitely an impressive combination, and can be a significant problem for any Bullet Club team. Hiculio, Chris Bay and El Fantasmore have some powerful and legendary additions of their own. Carl Anderson and Doc Gallos are in NJPW action for the first time since the Good Brothers resurrection last August, and legend Scott Norton will join the team! ‘Flash’ Norton will wrestle in Serulian Blue for the first time in five years, and even at the age of 60, will have a strong presence in the BC squad!
The updated card for the NJPW Windy City riots is as follows:
- John Moxley vs. Will Osprey
- NJPW Strong Openweight Championship: Tom Lawler (c) vs. UG Nagata
- Bullet Club (Chris Bay, Good Brothers, Hiculio, Chris Bay El Fantasmo and Scott Norton) vs. United Empire (Aaron Henner, Great-O-Khan, Jeff Cobb, TJP, Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher)
- J. White Open Challenge
- Tim Roser (Fred Roser, Chris Dickinson, Ren Narita, Alex Coughlin and Josh Alexander) vs. Tim Filti (Danny Limelight, Jorel Nelson, Royce Isaacs, JR Kratos and Black Tiger)
- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki
Related: NJPW Strong Openweight Title Bout Set NJPW for Windy City Riot, Updated Card