Why 2nd watch
2nd Watch is in Growth Mode, and we’re looking for results driven, focused team members who want to win and have fun! We are looking for the most technologically advanced, thoughtful, cloud-loving staff in the world, and strive every day to align our core values with those we hire.
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and work environment that survives and breathes success and promotes pushing the envelope every day in your respective roles in the company. This is what drives our teams – an everlasting thirst for knowledge, and a desire to work with the best people and take on big challenges together. A track record of attracting our attention to creativity, honesty, the desire to improve yourself and your colleagues every day, and caring about who you are influencing, both positively and negatively, when you are doing the right things.
Speaking of the 2nd watch
As a cloud-native company, 2nd Watch has been helping our clients move to their cloud, accelerate application development, and meet their company’s strategic goals through a mix of technology and innovation, which is at our core, for over a decade. Our services provide cloud native capabilities through strategic advice, modernization services and specialized technology practices focused on maximizing the value of the universal cloud:
- Application modernization
- Business Transformation
- Cloud Advisor
- Consent, security and business continuity
- Data and analysis advice
- Data management
- Data science
- Datacenter Migration, Infrastructure and Architecture
- Managed cloud service
We’re looking for a talented mid-level application developer to join our team to help design, create and develop applications across multiple cloud platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of developers and find unique opportunities for our clients to implement a new generation of scalable and efficient applications.
- Provide custom application solutions to our clients
- Learn and practice cutting-edge technology
- Work directly with clients to understand and document their business needs and technology requirements
- Get involved in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from start to finish
- Help mentors and others advance their careers
- Assist with application architecture decisions
- Curious and loves to explore new technologies
- Strong analytical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Effective communicators that are comfortable to present to executive clients
- Ability to think independently while working in a collaborative environment
- A passion for personal growth and continuous learning
- Quickly adapt to new situations and become comfortable in discomfort
- 3-5 years experience as an application developer
- In-depth experience working on client-oriented projects
- Experience in using application development languages and frameworks
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, .NET Entity Framework
- Development languages like C #, Java, Node, Python
- Experience with relational and noSql databases
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or comparative major
Convenience and convenience of working on 2nd watch
Outside of an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and advantages:
Competitive salary and all employees are eligible for bonus
- 401 (k) For all employees including company stock plan
- 100% paid for all employees up to 90% paid for families including medical, dental and vision coverage and other wellness and disability plans
- There is no limit / control of paid time off – we let you manage yourself.
All your information will be kept confidential as per EEO guidelines.
The 2nd watch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. 2nd Watch does not discriminate on the basis of race, caste, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership of an employee organization, parental status, military Service, or other non-merit factor.