Baby P’s Gran says his death wish is for his naughty daughter Tracy Connelly to be in prison.
Baby P’s mother, who died after months of torture, could be released from prison after the parole board decides to release her.
Conley, 40, was jailed at the Old Bailey in 2009 for his 17-month-old son, Peter, on August 3, 2007, at their home in Tottenham, north London, for questioning.
Known as Baby P, she has suffered more than 50 injuries – albeit at risky registration and has received 60 visits from social workers, police officers and health professionals in eight months.
Connelly’s mother, Mary O’Connor, 72, told The Sun: “He should be in prison for life, not out of it.”
He added: “She will not change. Why should she let him go? You have to joke.”
Justice Secretary Dominic Raab has said he plans to appeal the parole board’s decision.
Describing the case as “tragic”, Mr Robb told Commons: “In light of the Parole Board’s instructions to release Tracy Connelly, I should inform the House that after reading this decision carefully, I have decided to appeal to the Parole Board.”
O’Connor, who has terminal cancer, said: “I want to go to him and say, ‘Don’t let him out.’
Conley, now 40, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life in prison for public protection, with a minimum term of five years.
Her boyfriend Steven Barker and her brother Jason Owen have pleaded guilty to the same charges.
Officials have missed multiple review opportunities to save the child’s life if they respond appropriately to the warning signs.
A spokesman for the parole board said on Wednesday: “We can confirm that a panel of parole boards has ordered the release of Tracy Connelly after an oral hearing.
“Parole board decisions focus on the risks to the public if only one prisoner is released and whether those risks are manageable within the community.
Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)
“Parole reviews are done thoroughly and with the utmost care. Protecting the public is our number one priority.”
According to a parole report, Connelly, then 25, fell into a quick relationship at the time of her crime, “used sex to help her feel good about herself” and had an “inability to control extreme emotions”.
He was also described as “cheating” and lacking in sympathy.
Connelly was released on a license in 2013 but was remanded in prison in 2015 for violating the terms of his parole by “building a close personal relationship” online and persuading another resident of his residence to engage in “inappropriate sexual behavior.”
This is his fourth parole review. The decision was supposed to be taken last year but it was too late to get more information.
The Parole Board considered Connelly’s case for the third time in 2019 after previous reviews in 2015 and 2017 and refused to release him or transfer him to an open prison. In 2020, he lost an appeal against the latest parole board decision not to release him.
Since his release from prison, Connelly has participated in a “very intensive” treatment program from the Ministry of Justice and the NHS for three years and is “now able to work openly and honestly with professionals,” the report added.
The parole board said Connelly was now considered “less likely to commit further crimes” and that his probation officer and prison officials had heard support for the plan and were satisfied that he was eligible for release.
Justice Secretary Dominic Raab represented throughout the review and his representative “confirmed that this recommendation has been accepted”, the report said.
Connelly will be subject to restrictions on his movements, activities and who he communicates with, and will face up to 20 additional license conditions.
These include staying at a specific address, being supervised by probation, wearing an electronic tag, complying with curfew, and disclosing their relationship.
Her use of the internet and a phone will be monitored and she has been told she cannot go to certain places “to avoid contact with victims and protect children”.